Translations into Latin:
- lux(Noun, Verb f) (noun, noun (f.; 3rd declension) feminine )A flame or something used to create fire.to start (a fire)electromagnetic wavea source of lighta point of viewa spiritual truthElectromagnetic radiation that is capable of causing a visual sensation.(Source: CED)electromagnetic wavespiritual truthelectromagnetic waveflame or something used to create firepoint of viewsource of lightspiritual truth
- lumen(Noun n) (noun, noun (n.; 3rd declension) neuter )A flame or something used to create fire.electromagnetic wavea source of lighta point of viewa spiritual truthElectromagnetic radiation that is capable of causing a visual sensation.(Source: CED)electromagnetic waveelectromagnetic waveflame or something used to create firepoint of viewsource of lightspiritual truth
- of low weightof low weightof low weight
- illuminare(Verb )to illuminateto illuminateto illuminate
- clarus(adjective, adjective (2-1-2) )having light
- accendereto start (a fire)to start (a fire)
- incendereto start (a fire)to start (a fire)
- ventosus(adjective, adjective (2-1-2) )
- accendo(verb, noun, verb (3rd conjugation) masculine )
- acer(adjective, noun, adjective (3rd 3-termination), noun (n.; 3rd declension) neuter )
- actuarius(adjective, noun, adjective (2-1-2) masculine )
- acutus(adjective, adjective (2-1-2) )
- adluceo(verb )
- aeger(adjective, noun, adjective (1st/2nd -R) masculine )
- agitabilis(adjective, adjective (3rd 2-termination) )
- albens(adjective, adjective (3rd 1-termination) )
- alluceo(verb )
- conflo(verb, verb (1st conjugation) )
- elucido(verb )
- fax(noun, noun (f.; 3rd declension) feminine )
- incendium(noun, noun (n.; 2nd declension) neuter )
- incendo(verb, verb (3rd conjugation) )
- incido(verb, verb (3rd conjugation) )
- inlustris(adjective, adjective (3rd 2-termination) )
- iubar(noun (n.; 3rd pure I-stem declension) )
- lampada(noun feminine )
- lampas(noun, noun (f.; 3rd declension) feminine )
- liburna(noun feminine )
- liburnica(noun feminine )
- lucus(noun, noun (m.; 4th declension), noun (m.; 2nd declension) masculine )
- lychnus(noun, noun (m.; 2nd declension) masculine )
- remissus(adjective, adjective (2-1-2) )
- sidus(noun, noun (n.; 3rd declension) neuter )
- suspensus(adjective, adjective (2-1-2) )
A notable person within a specific field or discipline.
To begin to smoke.
Psychologically light; especially free from sadness or troubles.
coffee: served with extra milk or cream
having little force or momentum
light (color, colour, taste)
(of coffee) served with extra milk or cream
light (flavor, flavour)
pale in colour
casual (e.g. dress)
To shine light on something.
A device that produces light, such as an electric lamp.
To find by chance.
A point of view, or aspect from which a concept, person or thing is regarded.
Unimportant, trivial, having little value or significance.
Of low weight; not heavy.
A property in graphic design software that makes objects visible, much like light in the natural world.
Lightly-built; designed for speed or small loads.
unload a ship
(obsolete) Unchaste, wanton.
To start a fire or light a flame.
Spiritual or mental illumination; enlightenment, useful information.
(in the plural, now rare) Facts. pieces of information; ideas, concepts.
(rail transport, of a locomotive, usually with "run") travelling with no carriages, wagons attached
A window, or space for a window in architecture
Low in degree or quantity or number (e.g. of rain, snow, accent).
(used of soil) loose and large-grained in consistency.
(archaic) To alight.
Easily assimilated in the alimentary canal; not rich or heavily seasoned.
light (a fire)
Anything, natural or artificial, that produces light.
(transitive) To illuminate.
(transitive) To set fire to.
Gentle; having little force or momentum.
(uncountable) The natural medium emanating from the sun and other very hot sources (now recognised as electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength of 400-750 nm), within which vision is possible.
With a small mass, little weight or density; the opposite of heavy.
of little significance
(informal) A cross-light in a double acrostic or triple acrostic.
(of the military or industry) using (or being) relatively small or light weapons or equipment.
find by chance
(curling) A stone that is not thrown hard enough.
(nautical) To unload a ship, or to jettison material to make it lighter
A source of illumination.
The series of squares reserved for the answer to a crossword clue
(transitive) To start (a fire).
(of color) having a relatively small amount of color components.
Low in fat, calories, alcohol, salt, etc.
Similar phrases in dictionary English Latin. (50)
- after darkness, |I hope for| light
- post tenebras lux, or post tenebras spero lucem
- And light came to be or was made
- et facta est lux
- apollo as the god of light
- before light
- blot out the light of day
- bright light
- brought to light
- class of light-armed troops
- emit|reflect intermittent|quivering light
- conisco; corusco
- fast light vessel
- cercurus; cercyrus
- first light
- first light of day
- from the shadow into the light
- ex umbra in solem
- give light to
- lumino; illumino; inlumino
- give|supply light
- adluceo; alluceo
- giving some light
- in Thy light we see light
- in luce Tua videmus lucem
- in your light we will see the light
- in lumine tuo videbimus lumen
- it is getting light
- lucisct; lucesct
- Light |is| to be nourished where liberty |has| arisen.
- alenda lux ubi orta libertas
- light and law
- lux et lex
- light and truth
- lux et veritas
- light armed soldier
- light beer
- light boat
- light from darkness
- lux ex tenebris
- light from the east
- ex oriente lux
- light in the Lord
- lux in Domino
- light oared vessel
- pristis; pistrix; pistris
- light of dawn
- light of day
- lux; apricum; dies
- light of life
- light rain
- light ship
- light shoe
- light side
- paradigma positivus
- light source
- light spear
- light traveling carriage
- light up with fire
- light upon
- invenio; incido; nanciscor
- The Light Under the Cross
- sub cruce lumen
- Truth is my light.
- veritas lux mea
- Your Light Guides Us
- lux tua nos ducat